Can you believe it’s already August? Where did this summer go? Hopefully it flew by because you were having fun on summer vacation, working a summer job and spending much needed time with family and friends. But, it’s almost time for a new school year to start, which means it’s time for a little planning and goal setting.
I love new beginnings.
They give us the opportunity to reflect and dream about what we want to accomplish in the upcoming school year.
- Do you want to challenge yourself academically?
- Maybe you want to focus on gaining more leadership experience.
- Perhaps this year you want to focus on giving back to your community.
Take just a few moments to think about what you want to accomplish this year. Think about your passions and career aspirations. What can you do this year to build your resume and demonstrate who you are when it comes time to fill out those college and scholarship applications?
Ask yourself these questions and then set some concrete goals for the upcoming year.
- What am I passionate about?
- How do I like to spend my free time?
- What do I enjoy doing?
- What makes me special or unique?
- What are the three most interesting things about me?
- What do I want to be when I grow up?
- What will set me apart from other applicants?
When you’re done, let us know in the comments below what you’ve decided to focus on and how you will be challenging yourself this year!